AgencyCivil Service, Department of
Occupational CategoryClerical, Secretarial, Office Aide
Salary RangeFrom $15 to $15 Hourly
Jurisdictional Class Unclassified Service
"Other" Explanation Other (see below)<br /><br />Saturday OR Sunday of the test date (typically 10 hours or less an exam, an exam is not held every Saturday OR Sunday) No. Hours per Week varies.
Compressed workweek allowed? No
Street Address Hicksville Middle School
215 Jerusalem Ave
Minimum Qualifications • Possession of a High School Diploma or GED.
• Ability to operate a personal computer and perform basic computer functions.
• Ability to read, communicate effectively with others, and be able to speak confidently in front of large groups of people.
• Ability to work with a diverse population in a calm and courteous manner under stressful conditions.
Duties Description The Civil Service Test Monitor may be assigned to a test room or to a facility hallway and is responsible for the security of test materials and the administration of civil service examinations to candidates in a designated area. The duties of the Test Monitor will include:
• Understanding and complying with all examination guidelines, policies and procedures.
• Reading routine instructions to candidates and providing aide to examinees in the administration of their examinations.
• Assisting in the distribution of exam materials to candidates as well as the collection and accounting of all associated test material from candidates upon completion of their examination.
• Assisting in the set up and distribution of computer testing devices (Chromebooks) to candidates, as well as assisting candidates with logging into and completing the submission of their exams if necessary.
• Utilizing software to virtually proctor candidates in a remote setting.
• Completing all required paperwork for the various exams that are administered, reporting any suspected irregularities or discrepancies.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
• Travel will be required throughout the School Districts.
Additional Comments Candidates will be required to work at Testing Sites at all locations.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Email Address DCSMonitors@cs.ny.gov
Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingIf interested please submit a copy of your cover letter & resume. Please include the vacancy ID number in your cover letter or subject line of your e-mail.