CURRENT STATE EMPLOYEES:
Current Office of General Services employee with permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as an Office Assistant 1 and interested in reassignment; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent, or 55b/c service as an Office Assistant 1; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position allocated to Grade 6 or above and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
NOTE: This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities. Employees on the Civil Service eligible list will be considered and should not respond to this posting. If you are on the eligible list and not reachable, you may be eligible for transfer. You are encouraged to access GOT-IT on the Civil Service website (www.cs.ny.gov) to determine transfer eligibility or contact OGS Human Resources for your transfer options.
GENERAL PUBLIC CANDIDATES:
Applicants who are 55 b/c eligible may apply to this posting. If interested in this position and applying using your 55b/c status, please provide a copy of your current 55b/c eligibility letter. If this is not provided with your resume, you will not be considered for this position.
• Answer/refer questions from and provide information to various parties regarding office activities, transactions, and procedures both via telephone and email.
• Schedule appointments and meetings using Microsoft Outlook.
• Distribute mail.
• Type, proofread, review, and correct correspondence, documents, records, and other written material.
• Assist in gathering or compiling data for reports, graphs, and charts.
• Create/Track Work Orders in the AiM Computerized Maintenance Management System.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.