Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
One year of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service in an office assistant, clerical, or keyboarding title allocated to Grade 5 or higher.
• Strong communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to initiate and maintain relationships across a diverse set of stakeholders
Duties Description STANDARD DUTIES:
As an Hourly Office Assistant 2 in the Division of Safety & Health, the incumbent will provide office support and perform more complicated clerical tasks. The incumbent will:
• Gather, compile, and prepare data from manual or automated files and other sources for various reports, publications, records, or other external or internal communications.
• Respond to questions concerning the operation of the unit or program area.
• Write responses to correspondence.
• Resolve work problems.
• Review forms and applications and make appropriate determinations.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingCandidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Department of Labor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Department of Labor is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for persons with disabilities and workplace diversity.
To be considered for this position, interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to email@example.com. Please include the title, location and vacancy ID # 91119 you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail. Failure to do so may result in the delay of processing your application. In order to qualify you for the position, when you have current or prior New York State employment, you may be contacted by the NYSDOL Personnel Bureau for your social security number to confirm your employment history.