Career and Technical Education Office
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Associate in Instructional Services (CTE).
55b/c Appointment: This position is eligible for 55b/c designation and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility. Candidates must possess the minimum qualifications and a current 55b/c eligibility letter.
Provisional Appointment: In the absence of an eligible list with three or more candidates willing to accept a position, a temporary provisional appointment may be considered. For temporary provisional appointment, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Assistant in Instructional Services (CTE) OR a master’s degree AND New York State permanent or professional K-12 or 7-12 CTE certification AND four years of full-time classroom teaching experience in Technology Education.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of Education Policy is seeking candidates for an Associate in Instructional Services (CTE) in the Career and Technical Education Office (CTE). This Office is responsible for middle and secondary-level career and technical education instructional activities, program approvals and monitoring, administration of the Perkins V Strengthening Career and Technical Education for the 21st Century Act, and civil rights reviews that ensure compliance with federal civil rights laws. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
• Provide on-going leadership in sustaining a Statewide professional development model that supports all learners and enhances CTE programs in New York State;
• Review applications for State approval of CTE programs, technical assessments, and grant funding;
• Serve as liaison to State and national organizations related to career and technical education policy initiatives and practices;
• Offer technical assistance to school personnel and other stakeholders, including the development and delivery of training materials to build teachers’ content knowledge and pedagogy in CTE;
• Implement Perkins grant administration activities, including State Plan development; technical assistance to the field; yearly risk assessments and monitoring plans; application and budget reviews; and on-site program reviews;
• Collaborate with internal offices, external CTE organizations, and NYSED contractors on CTE guidance and training projects;
• Administer a variety of competitive and allocational State and federal grant programs supporting increased student achievement in CTE;
• Research and prepare professional development materials, grants, contracts, proposed regulatory and policy statements, Board of Regents items, and informational materials, and
• Complete other duties, as directed, to foster Statewide equity in access and quality of CTE programs.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a permanent or temporary provisional appointment. Provisional candidates must take the examination for Associate in Instructional Services (CTE) when it is next offered and must be reachable on the resulting eligible list to maintain employment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and certification will be required at the time of interview for all candidates. This position will require 5% Statewide travel.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $105,681 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by October 8, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (P12-2079/64019) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. In order to qualify for the position, when you have current or prior New York State employment, you may be contacted by NYSED Personnel for your social security number to confirm your State employment history.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, Room 528 EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by October 8, 2021 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (P12-2079/64019) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. In order to qualify for the position, when you have current or prior New York State employment, you may be contacted by NYSED Personnel for your social security number to confirm your State employment history.