Division of Outcome Mgmt and System Information
Minimum Qualifications Permanent status as Research Scientist 1, G-18 and interested in reassignment; OR possess a Bachelor’s degree and two years of professional research experience in the appropriate field, OR a Master’s degree in the appropriate field and one year of professional research experience in that field.
Duties Description The Research Scientist 1 position is part of the Prevention Data Management and Analysis Unit. The functions of this position include but are not limited to the following:
• Participate in developing and implementing changes to Prevention Reporting System (PRS) modules, screen workflow, data fields, and business rules to best meet the needs of users, including providers, OASAS Regional Office staff, and Local Governmental Unit staff.
• Update PRS standard reports based on user feedback; ensure reports are timely, accurate, and useful.
• Perform analyses of PRS data to assist OASAS in adherence to Strategic Prevention Framework (SPF), with particular focus on the assessment, planning, and evaluation components to include examination of the process and outcomes of OASAS prevention programs and practices.
• Using PRS data, generate results for eight OASAS prevention provider performance standards.
• Query, organize, analyze, and report on 15-20 PRS data sets.
• Produce responses for ad hoc data requests from within and outside OASAS.
• Assist with PRS Help Desk inquiries from OASAS funded prevention providers.
• Other relevant duties as assigned.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
1450 Western Ave.