Minimum Qualifications Admission to the New York State Bar and two years of post-Bar legal experience in the trial of issues in courts of records or trials of adversarial proceedings, quasi-judicial in nature, before a government agency.
Duties Description The incumbents will be responsible for conducting disciplinary hearings on violations of the Alcoholic Beverage Control Law and the Rules of the State Liquor Authority as well as 500 Foot Law Hearings to determine if issuance of a license within 500 feet of three or more on premises liquor establishments is in the public interest. Duties may include, but not be limited to the following:
• Administer oaths and affirmations.
• Render fair and impartial ruling and decisions; maintain judicial integrity at all times.
• Rule on objections by attorneys, parties, or their representatives.
• Assist licensees appearing pro se and explaining the relevant issues and rules of procedure.
• Experience with evidentiary rules in administrative proceedings.
• Determine motions.
• Search court cases, legal interpretations and citations which are pertinent to the issue.
• Review post hearing briefs and memoranda of law.
• Assure a complete record of the proceeding including material presented as exhibits.
• Prepare a written report of hearing of proceeding to be presented to the Members of the State Liquor Authority, including determining credibility, summarization of relevant facts and written application of law to the facts and conclusions of law.
Shift Information: These positions are part-time; the schedule will vary based on operational needs.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.