Project Management Office
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must possess a bachelor's degree AND three years of experience in data management, analysis, or data visualization in an educational or grant management setting. A master’s degree may substitute for one year of qualifying experience.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of the Chief Financial Officer is seeking candidates for a Project Assistant position in the Project Management Office. Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator in the Project Management Office, the incumbent of this position will be responsible for facilitating the extensive data collection and reporting activities required under the ARP ESSER program. ARP ESSER funded activities are both extensive and diverse and will require the creation of data collection procedures, and collaboration with other NYSED offices, as well as ongoing support and monitoring. This position will facilitate that work and will assist with the various data collection activities of ARP ESSER funded positions. The incumbent will assist the Project Director and Project Coordinator with maintaining up to date ARP ESSER budget expenditure reports in conjunction with the Office of the NYSED Chief Financial Officer. The Project Assistant will be responsible for creating and maintaining data reporting dashboards to ensure Departmental and State Leadership and other state agencies have access to up to date financial and programmatic ARP ESSER metrics. Duties of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assist the APR ESSER Project Director and Project Coordinator in carrying out the requirements of the NYSED ARP ESSER program;
• Respond to written requests from internal and external stakeholders;
• Serve as point person between the NYSED Project Management Office and NYSED offices involved in ARP ESSER-related data collection;
• Assist the Office of the NYSED Chief Financial Officer in compiling and processing all ARP ESSER-related budgetary documentation;
• Monitor and respond to ARP ESSER-related NYSED email inboxes;
• Help prepare materials for ARP ESSER-related presentations;
• Assist in maintaining the ARP ESSER project workplan;
• Provide support to internal and external stakeholders regarding ARP ESSER-related data requests;
• Hep facilitate adherence to project work plans and timelines are adhered to;
• Edit and assist in creating supporting project documentation;
• In conjunction with other NYSED Offices, collect, review and analyze data and reports submitted by LEAs to assess whether they have met ARP ESSER requirements;
• Conduct comparative performance and other data analyses as needed;
• Serve as a liaison to data analyst consultants and other data personnel within the Department to ensure completion of assigned data projects;
• Conduct relevant research and prepare written materials, which involves the collection and compilation of program data;
• Work collaboratively with other staff to ensure the incorporation of relevant data into evaluation reports;
• Develop and maintain databases for the tracking of LEA information and performance;
• Assist in implementing quality-assurance methods;
• Represent the ARP ESSER Project Director in internal NYSED meetings;
• Assist the Project Coordinator in all administrative tasks, including, but not limited to, travel and internal NYSED processes; and
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a temporary appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointee’s negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and/or work experience will be required for all candidates at the time of interview.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $92,693 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (CFO-503/51551) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. In order to qualify for the position, when you have current or prior New York State employment, you may be contacted by NYSED Personnel for your social security number to confirm your State employment history.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM, Room 528 EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (CFO-503/51551) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. In order to qualify for the position, when you have current or prior New York State employment, you may be contacted by NYSED Personnel for your social security number to confirm your State employment history.