Western NY Children's PC, West Seneca, NY
Minimum Qualifications Associate’s degree plus five years relevant experience or high school diploma plus eight years relevant experience.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, or a construction industry related field plus five years construction industry experience with public or private projects including construction inspection or supervision of major public construction projects. Minimum two years supervisory experience. Working knowledge and experience with construction systems (Primavera project management and scheduling applications preferred).
Duties Description Primary Purpose
The Field Representative assists the Project Manager or Senior Project Manager in all aspects of a construction project or projects, including ensuring compliance with contract provisions, contract administration and monitoring, and evaluating and making recommendations related to project budgets and schedules, and developing recovery plans related to quality, budget, and schedule.
• Monitor and observe construction, installation, and testing of building systems and technology, operation, and maintenance of buildings and/or facilities on a daily basis ensuring compliance with construction documents.
• Coordinate the work of all trades.
• Read, interpret, and comprehend contract plans, specifications, addenda, bidding documents, contracts and other related materials and recommend approaches to resolving issues to the Project Manager.
• Ensure quality is maintained in accordance with the original intent of construction documents through coordination with design consultants/construction managers/contractors and/or management of material testing and inspection consultants, review of daily field reporting, and coordination with internal quality resources.
• Ensure compliance with contract provisions and the quality of design and construction work performed by architects, engineers, contractors, and consultants.
• Conduct or participate in mechanical, electrical, and structural quality assurance field inspections.
• Review bid advertisements, prepare bid summaries, review bidder qualifications, and recommend construction contract awards to Procurement.
• Schedule and supervise required testing and commissioning, and monitor results.
• Represent DASNY as liaison to client agency. Interact with client agency and make recommendations regarding project approach.
• Conduct and/or attend joint scope, job, progress, and coordination meetings.
• Prepare notes and minutes of meetings and coordinate the associated follow-up.
• Schedule, coordinate and monitor project activities among applicable DASNY staff/units, consultants, contractors, governmental agencies, and other project entities through project closeout.
• Ensure consultant and contractor compliance with all DASNY procedures.
• Coordinate consultant and contractor deliverables through thorough understanding of contract deliverables, pre-construction meetings, construction manager orientations, project health assessments, monthly project meetings, and contract closeout checklists.
• Continuously evaluate the performance of architects, engineers, contractors, and construction managers.
• Utilize project data to prepare status reports and other specialized reports.
• Estimate costs and monitor the project budget, making recommendations to the Project Manager as needed
• Review and monitor project schedule; report observations, and make related recommendations to Project Manager.
• Review consultant and contractor progress payments.
• Prepare, evaluate, and make recommendations to Project Manager related to change order proposals.
• Assist in the evaluation of claims and make recommendations to Project Manager.
• Develop and maintain records for the project and/or program including contract documents, files, logs, lists and other records, and utilize project management/reporting systems for recording all project activities.
• Consult with code enforcement agencies regarding the interpretation and application of building codes and regulations.
• Maintain liaison with customer agencies and assist in the resolution of issues where appropriate.
• Manage assigned projects under the direction of the Project Manager.
• Assist in the development, documentation and implementation of procedures and internal controls.
• May provide service to multiple client agencies over a specified geographic area.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• Conduct surveys and inspections of existing and potential DASNY facilities to determine design and construction deficiencies and to determine rehabilitation requirements.
• May train and evaluate employees.
• Assist with the development, documentation, and implementation of procedures.
• Assist with the assessment/development and implementation of internal controls, and participate in the review and testing of same.
• Undertake special assignments as directed.
• Must maintain regular attendance in accordance with DASNY attendance and leave policies.
• Must adhere to the NYS Information Security Policy Standards established and issued by the Office of Information Technology Services. (Standards can be found on the Intranet).
Supervision of employees may be required.
Additional Comments DASNY provides financing and construction services to public and private universities, not-for-profit healthcare facilities, and other institutions which serve the public good.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, which includes:
• Choice of several health insurance plans
• Dental & vision insurance
• Membership in the NYS Retirement System
• Deferred Compensation Investment Plan
• 13 vacation days per year
• 13 sick days per year
• 5 days of personal leave per year
• 12 paid holidays per year
• Tuition reimbursement
• Training & development opportunities
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease use the following link to apply:
DASNY is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to excellence and diversity.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.