1000 Lake Drive
Minimum Qualifications • A degree in natural sciences, such as conservation biology, ecology, natural resource management, environmental studies, or a relevant discipline, etc.
• Experience in teaching, traditional or non-traditional setting.
• Strong interest in and commitment to environmental stewardship.
• Ability to work as a positive team member.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license as a term and condition of employment.
• Experience handling animals a plus.
• Strong written skill a plus
Duties Description NYS Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation on Long Island
has recently opened a visitors’ center in Hempstead Lake State Park, to enhance and expand
environmental educational programming for Long Island residents and park visitors. Patrons
who gain an understanding and appreciation will become better stewards of the natural world.
The employee job responsibilities will include, but won’t be limited
• Provide environmental programs for variety of demographics and patron groups
• Develop new educational programming, including content, teaching props, visual guides
and crafts to augment learning
• Interact with the visitor center patrons
• Assist in display upkeep
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPositions will be opened until filled. Please e-mail LongIsland.Employment@parks.ny.gov the following:
• completed part 1 pre-employment application
• cover letter
• three references
Part 1 Pre-employment application can be found at http://nysparks.com/employment/park-employment.aspx.