Minimum Qualifications Qualifications for the BRC position include the following:
• A bachelor’s degree and at least one year of post-graduation work experience is required;
• A graduate degree such as a JD or MPA is a plus;
• Prior experience in government is preferred, but not required;
• Excellent written communication skills with the ability to produce clear, concise and error-free documents within a limited time-frame;
• Strong interpersonal skills as this position involves gathering and synthesizing information from managers and staff throughout the OAG;
• Highly organized with the ability to effectively prioritize and meet tight deadlines; and
• Experience using Lexis/Nexis or similar research databases and conducting strategic internet searches is desirable.
Duties Description The Executive Division of the New York State Office of the Attorney General (OAG) is seeking a Briefings and Research Coordinator (BRC). The BRC will be responsible for preparing substantive briefings for the Attorney General for meetings and public events, including both external events and those sponsored by the OAG. Additional duties will include drafting memos for the Attorney General on the news of the day; conducting research and drafting memoranda on public policy topics as requested; and vetting and performing conflicts checks on individuals and organizations with whom the Attorney General engages. This position is located in New York City and will report to the Director of Strategic Planning.
Additional Comments The annual salary for this position is $60,000 - $67,000 +$3026 in location pay. The final salary will be determined after a complete evaluation of the selected candidate’s qualifications. We offer a comprehensive New York State benefits package, including paid leave, health, dental, vision and retirement benefits, and family-friendly policies. As an employee of the OAG, you will join a team of dedicated individuals who work to serve the people of our State.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Legal Recruitment Bureau - 28 Liberty St
Notes on ApplyingHOW TO APPLY
Applications are being received online. To apply, please go to our website, https://ag.ny.gov/job-postings.
Reference No. EXEC_NYC_BRC_6190
Applicants must be prepared to submit a complete application consisting of the following:
• Cover Letter
? You may address to Legal Recruitment.
? Indicate why you are interested in this position and what makes you the best candidate.
• Writing Sample
• List of three (3) references
? Only submit professional references, supervisory references are preferred.
? Indicate the nature and duration of your relationship to each reference.
? Include contact information and email addresses for each reference.
? Please note, your references will not be contacted until after you interview for the position.
If you have questions regarding a position with the OAG and the application process or you need assistance with submitting your application, please contact Legal Recruitment via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 212-416-8080.
For more information about the OAG, please visit our website: ag.ny.gov