Minimum Qualifications Preferred Qualifications:
• At least ten years of experience working in the financial services industry; and
• At least three years of managerial supervision.
This is an appointment to a position in the exempt jurisdictional class. As such, the incumbent of this position would serve at the pleasure of the appointing authority.
Duties Description The Executive Deputy Superintendent of Research and Innovation will work directly for the Superintendent of Department of Financial Servcies (DFS). The Executive Deputy Superintendent is responsible for leading the Research and Innovation Division, an office charged in part with helping the Department keep pace with the rapid innovation in all sectors of the financial services industry. The Division will lead the Department’s efforts as it supervises entities in emerging areas where technology is transforming the delivery of financial services. The duties of this position will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Develops initiatives in support of the mission and goals of the Research and Innovation Division;
• Determines policy and appropriate supervisory actions undertaken by DFS;
• Represents the Superintendent and DFS in meetings with industry officials, government agencies, and industry trade groups;
• Manages and supervises the staff and activities of the Research and Innovation Division;
• Provides leadership, guidance and decision making on critical issues;
• Formulates and recommends regulatory and DFS policy to the Superintendent;
• Reviews laws, regulations, policies, and examination procedures of federal or other regulatory authorities which may affect institutions regulated by DFS;
• Makes recommendations for adoption or issuance of corresponding statements of position; and
• Represents DFS in speaking engagements to industry and trade groups.
Additional Comments Positions located within the New York City metropolitan area, as well as Suffolk, Nassau, Rockland, and Westchester Counties, are also eligible to receive an additional $3,026 annual downstate adjustment.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo Apply: Interested qualified candidates must submit a resume and letter of interest no later than October 28, 2021, to the email address listed below. Please include (Box EDSR&I-10145) in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application. Email submissions are preferred.
New York State Department of Financial Services
Office of Human Resources Management
99 Washington Avenue, Suite 301
Albany, New York 12257
Fax: (518) 402-5071
Please note that not all applicants may be scheduled for an interview.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT: REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Department of Financial Services is required to provide reasonable accommodation for known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability if an accommodation would enable the applicant to perform the essential functions of the job and the accommodation would not constitute an undue hardship on the operations of the agency.