Minimum Qualifications Verbank IRA Nine Partners IRA Millbrook IRA
90 Verbank Club Rd 171 Nine Partners Lane 4093 Rte. 82
Verbank, NY 12585 Millbrook, NY 12545 Millbrook, NY 12545
*Posted Hiring Salary includes the sum of statutory hiring rate for ($39,653) and Mid-Hudson Adjustment ($1,513). The Mid-Hudson Adjustment ($1,513) is also added to job rate (48,662).
Permanent Qualifications: Candidates must possess or be eligible to obtain a license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in New York State.
Transfer Qualifications: Candidates must currently be a permanent Licensed Practical Nurse.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
This LPN is needed to provide hands on nursing coverage for the medically involved individuals who reside at these IRAs.
Nursing oversite will be provided by the Nurse 2, with administrative oversite provided by the Nurse Administrator 1.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Provide training and oversight to the Direct Care staff to ensure that all medical treatments and procedures are being completed correctly
• Scheduling and follow up of medical appointments, accompanying individuals to their medical appointments
• Acts a liaison between residential and nursing staff.
• Ensure that all individuals receive medications and treatments required on that shift, as well as assisting with the ordering of medications
• Coverage may be provided at other homes as needed.
• Other duties as assigned
NOTE: You must have a valid driver’s license to apply as travel is a part of the duties involved in this position. This may include a state-owned vehicle, as available, or the employee’s own car. An employee who uses his/her own car will be reimbursed at current negotiated rates.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications, a current resume and to the Taconic DDSOO Human Resources Office. Please provide your social security number for service certification and transfer eligibility determination process. Also, be sure to include the vacancy number on this announcement on your resume.
Taconic DDSO – Human Resources
25 Center Circle
Wassaic, New York 12592
Phone: 845-877-6821 ext. 3367
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office (518) 473-9689 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER