633 Third Avenue
Minimum Qualifications Five years’ experience in the field of minority and women’s business enterprise, contract compliance, OR affirmative action. This experience must include the following:
? The review, investigation, and/or evaluation of compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity laws, rules and regulations;
? The planning, development, implementation, and review of programs dealing with affirmative action, minority and women’s business program coordination and/or labor relations relating to affirmative action; and/or
? The development and administration of programs to facilitate minority and women’s access to employment or business opportunities in the public or private sector.
At least one year of the above experience must have been in a management or supervisory capacity.
Duties Description Under the general direction of the Director of Certification, the incumbent will conduct MWBE educational programming; provide instructional assistance to programs serving Minority and Women’s Business Enterprises (MWBEs); conduct outreach, seminars, and other educational programs to state agencies and regional offices. The incumbent will also support business development programs, which in turn support MWBEs bidders on State contracts.
• Recommend and assist with MWBD protocol, operating procedure, guidelines and initiatives, training programs, NYSCS data recommendations. Ensure the confidentiality of financial and business records to prevent unauthorized disclosure;
• Supervisory functions over staff in the Certification Unit and implement decentralized certification workflow processes;
• Oversee the usage of the NY State Contract System, and provide subject matter training to staff, agencies, and the public;
• Investigate and make Certification and Operations Unit-oriented policy suggestions to the Director of Certification;
• Keep the Director of Certification apprised on a timely basis of significant problems and analyses, trends or developments, with written findings, recommendations and management reports;
• Investigates and develops recommendations on the legitimacy of ownership and managerial and operational control of applicants for Minority and Women-owned Business certification;
• Define learning objectives, perform educational assessments and develop/deliver MWBE educational programs and/or webinars;
• Identify cost-effective, external educational resources;
• Prepare annual educational program calendar and propose associated budget;
• Create reports and evaluate results of online surveys;
• Create and prepare educational materials such as: agendas, instructional materials, handouts, evaluation forms, etc.
• Research and prepare instructional content for MWBE educational programs;
• Establish metrics to measure impact of educational programs and maintain a database of all training materials;
• Document procedures for educational programs and maintain up-to-date documentation;
• Refer and coordinate employee professional development and learning goals to the Human Resources Department;
• Other duties and travel as required.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingIf interested in this position, please forward a cover letter and resume to the e-mail address below by December 4, 2021. Be sure to indicate the position title, vacancy ID#, and location you are applying for, and specify how you meet the minimum qualifications in your cover letter.