Minimum Qualifications A Bachelor’s degree and seven years of experience in one of more of the following areas (or a closely related field), two years of which must be in a managerial capacity:
• Business Systems Analysis
• Project Management
• Business Process Engineering
• Organizational Development
• Administrative Analysis
• Strategic Planning,
• Data Analysis
• Information Technology (with an emphasis on systems analysis)
The ideal candidate will possess the following competencies:
• Experience in IT project and portfolio management.
• Successful business process reengineering experience
• Strong analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Experience in data analysis and reporting.
• Demonstrated success in leading large projects.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Experience in leading strategic planning initiatives.
• Knowledge of governmental operations.
• Experience with leading successful Lean projects.
Duties Description The Director of Strategic Planning and Innovation will report directly to the Deputy Commissioner for Administration and will provide overall leadership and guidance to the agency in matters related to technology, business process reengineering, data research and statistics, project management, and strategic planning. The Director of Strategic Planning and Innovation will perform management activities designed to set priorities, focus energy and resources, strengthen operations, and ensure that employees and other stakeholders are working together to achieve measurable results.
• Facilitating agency-wide strategic planning and tracking and reporting on performance toward meeting goals.
• Providing oversight and management of information technology (IT) - related activities impacting the Department, including relationship management with the Office of Information Technology Services (ITS).
• Ensuring successful completion of IT-related projects including serving as project director or by providing project oversight.
• Leading the agency’s Exam System Modernization efforts.
• Managing agency reporting requirements including developing reports and coordinating agency wide completion of reports.
• Performing high level analysis of data and policy, and identifying and developing data for use in presentations, reports and publications.
• Overseeing the Department’s internal training activities.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.