80 South Swan Street
Duties Description The holder of this position will serve as Grants Administrator 2 and will assist in the activities of the Office of Indigent Legal Services (“Office”) related to the distribution of grants and funds through a variety of procurements. The holder of this position will report to Assistant Grants Manager 1, who in turn reports to Assistant Grants Manager 2 and the Manager of Grant Solicitation and Distribution (“Grants Manager”). This position requires an understanding of legal concepts, statutory interpretation, and attorney-client privilege. Specific responsibilities for this position include:
• Working under the supervision of Assistant Grants Manager 1 and Assistant Grants Manager 2, reviews claims for reimbursement and payments to ensure compliance with applicable guidelines and contract terms.
• Communicates with counties and indigent legal service providers to resolve questions related to the submission of claims for reimbursement, including obtaining additional supporting documentation, as needed, and encouraging submission of claims for reimbursement and proposals, as directed.
• Assists Assistant Grants Manager 1 in accounting for monies appropriated for grants and distributions, including use of tracking systems for payments.
• Assists Assistant Grants Manager 1 and Assistant Grants Manger 2 in managing the Statewide grants and distribution program, which serves the fundamental purpose of improving the quality of the legal representation provided to persons who are legally entitled to the assistance of counsel, but cannot afford to hire an attorney.
• Performs other related duties as directed by the Manager of Grant Solicitation and Distribution, Director of the Office of Indigent Legal Services and agency Counsel.
• All case-related information and knowledge obtained in the performance of these duties will be treated as confidential information, subject to the protections of the attorney-client privilege.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31ST floor, Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.