Minimum Qualifications Permanent/Provisional Position Available
Highland IRA South Chodikee IRA Granite IRA
48 Philips Ave. 102 S. Chodikee Lake Rd. 11 Perry Hill Road Highland, NY 12528 Highland, NY 12528 Kingston, NY 12401
Permanent Qualifications: Must have QIDP* certification/status and permanent service as a Habilitation Specialist 1
OR Must be active and reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list for the Habilitation Specialist 1
Transfer Qualifications: Be eligible for a Section 70.1 transfer into a Habilitation Specialist 1 title
Departmental Examination: Candidate must be a qualified employee of the New York State Office for People With Developmental Disabilities and have had three months of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service in a clinical or direct care position AND must also possess a bachelor’s degree or higher in a human services field OR permanent New York State certification as a teacher.
Open-Competitive Examination: Candidate must have a bachelor’s or higher level degree in a human services field AND one year of direct care or clinical experience where your primary focus is providing services to individuals with developmental disabilities.
Substitution: A master’s degree in a human service field OR permanent New York State certification as a teacher may be substituted for the degree and experience described above.
* QIDP (Qualified Intellectual Disorder Professional) designation requires one year's experience working with
people with a developmental disability AND a Bachelor's Degree or higher in a human services field (including,
but not limited to: sociology, special education, rehabilitation counseling or psychology).
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Habilitation Specialist 1 will responsible for our individuals who have varying degrees of functioning levels and behavioral involvement. The HS1 will provide oversight for these homes. These locations are subject to change.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Habilitation Specialist 1’s duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Will Develop Residential Habilitation Plans that address the outcomes as reflected in the ISP as
well as the needs and interests of assigned individuals.
• Plans will address independence, integration, individualization and productivity; Develop and maintain house-specific and individual-specific Plans of Protective Oversight;
• Provide oversight to assigned homes and bring issues/concerns to the attention of appropriate team members;
• Provide guidance to all direct care staff in all areas related to Residential Habilitation;
• Develop Personal Expenditure Plan for each individual ensuring that individuals’ desires and interests are met and money is budgeted.
• Ensure all Residential Habilitation documents are maintained in the individuals’ records, in proper order, and that records are neatly maintained per regulation and policy;
• Provides input to House Managers and/or Recreation staff in the planning of community inclusion activities that are appropriate to each individual’s interests and abilities.
• Other duties as assigned
NOTE: You must have a valid driver’s license to apply as travel is a part of the duties involved in this position. This may include a state-owned vehicle, as available, or the employee’s own car. An employee who uses his/her own car will be reimbursed at current negotiated rates.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications, a current resume and
a copy of your bachelor’s degree to the Taconic DDSOO Human Resources Office. Please provide your social security number for service certification and transfer eligibility determination process. Also be sure to include the vacancy number on this announcement on your resume.
Taconic DDSO – Human Resources
26 Center Circle
Wassaic, New York 12592
Phone: 845-877-6821 ext. 3367
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office (518) 473-9689 or Email at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER