Duties Description This position will be part of a work crew working throughout the Indian Lake working circle. This position will be diversified ranging from cleaning buildings, grounds maintenance, delivering/picking up supplies and physical labor such as shoveling, raking, and painting. This position will also be assisting staff in the trades. Some of the duties are listed below:
• Roofing will involve working on the roof, removing shingles, preparing the deck for application of new shingles. Cutting shingles when directed, carrying shingles, setting up scaffolding and cleaning job site.
• Assist staff in carpentry projects in our shop and building in our working circle.
• Assisting staff with the necessary draining and winterization of our campgrounds.
• Assisting staff with plumbing maintenance and repairs in our facilities.
• Assisting staff with the stock inventory of supplies necessary to complete our maintenance and projects.
• This position will be involved in our ground’s maintenance including the cutting and processing of trees. This position starts by working with crews to chip brush and limbs. As need arises some candidates do get involved in cutting with a chainsaw after the proper training has been completed.
Heavy Equipment Operation:
• Candidates with an appropriate CDL may operate and transport heavy equipment.
Additional Comments Must have a valid driver’s license or demonstrate the ability to meet the transportation needs of the position. Must be able to negotiate difficult terrain and work in remote areas. Must be able to work in adverse weather conditions. Travel and overtime may be required. Must be available to respond to after-hours emergencies. Must be able to lift and move objects up to 80 pounds.
This is a temporary position currently funded through 3/31/22. Program needs and funding will determine actual termination date which may be prior to date indicated. Actual work schedule, duties and travel requirements may vary and will be discussed at the interview.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Personnel, 10th Floor