Minimum Qualifications The New York State and Local Retirement System (NYSLRS) has embarked on a multi-year initiative, called the Redesign Project, that will require significant investment to redesign its business processes and legacy systems, replacing them with an integrated, customer focused, information system that facilitates its work.
When the Redesign Project is complete, NYSLRS will possess a modern information system, ready to meet the needs of its customers and stakeholders in a secure, flexible and stable environment.
PLEASE NOTE: Please read this posting in its entirety and follow the specific instructions on applying for this position.
The incumbent must have at least six (6) years of experience in outreach, training, communications, marketing, customer service or public relations.
This experience must include the following, which may be concurrent:
· Two (2) years of experience providing operational assistance and support, over the phone or in person, regarding program specific processes and procedures.
Two (2) years of experience in the development or delivery of training regarding detailed policies, procedures or technology.
An Associate's Degree may be substituted for two (2) years of general experience.
A Bachelor's Degree may be substituted for four (4) years of general experience.
*Customer service is defined as dealing with many different individuals on a continuous basis where verbal communication is the primary aspect for accomplishing the duties of the position. Qualifying experience could include call center agent, customer service representative, sales representative providing information and service, or telemarketer. Non-qualifying experience includes cashier, fast-food worker, gas station attendant, or security guard.
Duties Description Under the general direction of the Project Assistant (SG-23), Transition Lead, the Project Assistant (SG-18), Transition Coach, will serve on the Redesign Employer Readiness Team. The team is designed specifically to communicate with, support and ensure adequate knowledge and training for all stakeholders of the new retirement benefits administration system – with a focus on the approximately 18,000 employer contacts NYSLRS interacts with on a regular basis.
The incumbent will be responsible for, but not limited to, helping to prepare employers for new employer reporting and member enrollment functionality through Retirement Online and to guide employers through the certification process; training and certifying employers in the processes to successfully submit transactions in the Enhanced format, and proving assistance and support to employers through their transition as well as after transition is complete. Transition teams will be formed to move groups of employers through the transition process, support phase and ongoing operations, in a managed timeframe.
Under the direction of a Transition Team Unit Lead, the incumbent(s) duties may include, but are not limited to:
· Provide one-on-one coaching to assigned NYSLRS employers for the purposes of achieving Gold Certification, training activities, and subsequently successful report submission;
· Manage the performance of Gold Certification activities of employers as assigned;
· Work with assigned employers to complete file submission process as needed;
· Work one-on-one with employers as assigned, and as needed, to facilitate complete of required activities, including understanding of reporting error resolution, follow up on notifications, and familiarity with Retirement Online Employer pages (e.g. enrollment dashboard, improper withholdings, etc.);
· Work with other Transition Team members to ensure Employers have the support needed, including Technical support;
· Perform knowledge transfer activities to Transition coaches as they are hired or assigned to the team;
· Create communications and training materials, as needed, to facilitate completion of required certification activities for employers;
· Support employers with the goal of creating successful participating NYSLRS Employers;
· Collect data to support the monitoring and reporting of transition trends to validate the resource strategy and future staffing needs;
· Provide status of assigned employers as determined by the Employer Readiness and Transition Team;
· Triage and escalation of issues requiring the next level of support;
· Perform direct outreach to employers and/or service providers in support of Gold Certification activities through email or phone or in-person;
· Provide information to impacted employer security holders to inform them of next steps for certification and/or training;
· Provide required assistance to employers regarding registering for certification and training sessions; maintain schedules for Gold Certification and transition as necessary;
· Develop and/or revise support materials for Gold Certification or retaining efforts, as necessary;
· Collect data to support the monitoring, tracking and reporting of progress against goals and objectives;
· Provide tracking, logistics, and strategic support for certification activities;
· Strive to provide first contact resolution to employers.
Additional Comments Desired Competencies:
· Proficient in MS Excel (pivot tables, charts, excel functions)
· Basic understanding of database and Structured Query Language (SQL)
· Basic understanding of object oriented programming language
· Familiarity with Human Capital Management and Customer Relationship Management software
· Experience with Oracle Applications including PeopleSoft
· Demonstrated ability to prepare, understand and interpret often complex written materials, and design and present curricula to diverse audiences.
· Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively over the telephone and in-person.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as effectively in a team environment.
· Experience working successfully in a deadline driven environment where accuracy and attention to detail is required.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and the attached template (https://web.osc.state.ny.us/recruit/docs/06674_06677_Employer_Readiness_Transition_Coach_Min_Quals_Template_Oct_2021.doc) to email@example.com no later than November 2, 2021. Please reference Item # O6674(2)-GOER-BV in the subject line of the email and on the cover letter.
*Tentative duration of appointment up until July 2023.*
PLEASE NOTE: To obtain the required template; copy and paste the hyper link into your browser, download and save the template.
PLEASE NOTE: All candidates MUST complete this template in full to demonstrate they meet the minimum qualifications. Candidates will be selected for interview based SOLELY on the contents provided by them on this template.
IMPORTANT; It is imperative that you provide specific examples to demonstrate your experience for each of the required qualifications listed in this template. Please ensure that you have fully described how you meet the qualifications by providing a FULLY DETAILED description of your experience. Any ambiguity, vagueness, or omissions will not be decided in the candidate’s favor.
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The GOER ID # should not be included.