Minimum Qualifications EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS:
Education Level required: BA in an IT related discipline with minimum of 3 years’ experience in related field; Or a 2-year degree with a minimum of 5 years’ experience; Or, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. Project Management Professional (PMP) or other related certifications preferred
Relevant experience required: Extensive experience in an IT Project Management and leadership role. Experience with varying types of project management methodologies in including Waterfall and Agile. Strong understanding of Information Technology, Strong problem-solving skills. Ability to analyze data and develop detailed reports
Knowledge required: Strong proficiency with current Project Management tools including Monday and Target Process. Experience with Office 0365, Excel and budgeting tools. Ability to work with a diverse group of people at both a functional and technical level and communicate at a level appropriate to audience; Ability to work both independently and as part of a team; Strong written and verbal communication skills
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
Conduct overall management of IT related projects, define project scope, gather business requirements, define project deliverables, create and manage project documentation, create and manage project timelines. Plan project activities, map tasks to team members, manage project risk and track the project over the entire lifecycle utilizing leading project management tools. Assist with ESD Disaster recovery efforts and provide technical assistance in any other area of IT as directed by department managers.
• Analyze business requirements and develop project plans that utilize available application development technologies to improve organizational business functions
• Assist with setting project goals, determining feasibility and developing plans, timelines and budget estimates to meet those goals
• Coordinate activities of project team members, develop schedules and define and track individual responsibilities
• Conduct risk assessment for projects and develop a plan for managing those risks
• Provide project analysis and status reports as required by ESD Management
• Liaise with other project managers, end users and 3rd party vendors in support of project goals
• Recommend IT strategies to deliver projects on schedule and within budget
• Manage project resources to ensure availability and proper allocation
• Organize and conduct regular meetings to discuss project progress and potential roadblocks
• Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
• Manage changes to project scope, schedule and costs
• Create and maintain extensive project documentation
• Ensure the project is managed within the guidelines set by IT policies
• Assist with IT Disaster Recovery efforts, testing and documentation
• Perform other related duties and / or projects as directed by IT Management
Position expected to work onsite and/or remote consistent with NYS and ESD guidelines and needs.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.