Minimum Qualifications Current Office of General Services employee with permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as a Public Buildings Manager 1 and interested in reassignment; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as a Public Buildings Manager 1 and interested in transfer.
Individuals with current 55b/c status who meet the following open competitive qualifications are encouraged to apply. You will need to supply a copy of your eligibility letter when responding to this announcement. **
Provisional Pending Examination (Promotional):
Current Office of General Services employee with one year of permanent competitive, non-competitive, labor or 55b/c service in a position allocated to Grade 8 or higher.
Provisional Pending Examination (Open Competitive):
Four years of experience* managing an occupied building with a gross square footage of at least 100,000 or a complex of occupied buildings totaling at least 150,000 square feet. This experience MUST include overall responsibility for building maintenance (including HVAC), minor building rehabilitation, and at least one of the following three areas of expertise: grounds maintenance, security and access control, or cleaning oversight including sanitary requirements and inspection. *
*Substitutions: an associate’s degree in construction management, construction technology, facilities management, engineering, engineering technology, architecture, architectural technology, business, business administration, or public administration may substitute for two years of the general experience; or a bachelor’s degree in the above fields may substitute for three years of the general experience.
NOTE: This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities. Employees on the Civil Service eligible list will be considered and should not respond to this posting. If you are on the eligible list and not reachable, you may be eligible for transfer. You are encouraged to access GOT-IT on the Civil Service website (www.cs.ny.gov) to determine transfer eligibility or contact OGS Human Resources for your transfer options.
Duties Description • Supervise daily building operations which include maintenance, custodial, preventative maintenance programs, security, and fire safety requirements.
• Supervise building staff which consists of administrative, maintenance and custodial positions.
• Provide exceptional customer service to the tenants and visitors of the building.
• Monitor the performance of multiple service contractors including but not limited to elevator, pest management and security.
• Coordinate and oversee rehabilitation projects in conjunction with OGS and tenant agencies.
• Coordinate administrative activities to include monthly reports, internal controls, budget requests, and personnel functions.
• Work within AiM (computerized maintenance management system) processing customer requests, work orders, training time entries, project updates and time card entries.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.