Minimum Qualifications High school diploma or equivalent required, AND:
• On-camera television/video or stage experience.
• Lottery drawings experience.
A valid license to operate a motor vehicle in New York State will be required for appointment and continued employment.
Duties Description Under the general direction of the Manager of Lottery Drawings, the Lottery Drawing Assistant conducts Lottery Drawings as a Program Manager, following detailed procedures set forth in policies, procedures, and guidelines. Additional duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Perform various tasks associated with the production of the live drawings.
• Operation and various administrative support duties.
• Operation of various pieces of equipment and electronics related to Lottery Drawings.
• Advise media and/or Gaming Commission auditors of winning numbers.
• Complete daily log and other related paperwork as necessary.
• Bring sets of drawing balls to NYS Bureau of Weights and Measures to be evaluated and officially weighed.
• Required to work a flexible schedule, as winning numbers are drawn 365 days a year, including evenings, weekends, holidays, and split shifts.
• Conduct live televised drawings by announcing the winning Lottery numbers on television.
• Attend various Lottery promotional and press events statewide and represent the New York State Lottery, as needed.
• Participate in social media events and activities, as needed.
Additional Comments The ideal candidate will be willing and able to cover shifts with short notice as necessary.
The work schedule is varied and will be comprised of Split Shifts (12:30 PM - 3:00 PM and 6:00 PM - 11:00 PM) and will include holidays and weekends.
Incumbents of these positions are designated as essential
employees for agency operations and must report to work as
normally scheduled. Essential employees are not covered by
directed early departures or state office closures due to inclement
weather, holidays, pandemics, etc.
Upon review of resumes, a select number of applicants will be called in for a special audition to be held at Lottery’s Drawing Studio in Schenectady.
Appointment will be contingent upon completion of a fingerprint background check before an official appointment offer can be made.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
PO Box 7500
Notes on ApplyingEmail submissions are preferred. Please submit a resume and proof of high school diploma or equivalent. Documents are required to be in PDF or Microsoft Word formats. Resume should clearly indicate how the applicant meets the minimum qualifications for the position. Your Social Security Number may be required to confirm eligibility.