Minimum Qualifications Skills Requirements:
• Knowledge of the Statewide Financial System.
• Knowledge of Office of the State Comptroller (OSC) and Office of General Services (OGS) procurement guidelines.
• Customer service oriented.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for Public Administration Traineeship Transition, #00-437; or the Professional Career Opportunities, #26-570
Transfer: Candidates in a title eligible for transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law are encouraged to apply. Information regarding transfer eligibility may be available on the Civil Service Career Mobility Office website at http://careermobilityoffice.cs.ny.gov/cmo/
Duties Description The Department of Financial Services is seeking to hire a Contract Management Specialist 1 in the Office of Financial Management’s Procurement Unit. Under the general direction of the Contract Management Specialist 2, the incumbent will be responsible for a variety of procurement related functions which will include: assisting with the development of bid documents and requests; assisting with the Department’s overall contract process; and the purchasing of goods and services.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assists with the development of Requests for Proposals (RFP), Requests for Quotes (RFQ), Requests for Information (RFI), Project Definitions, Invitations for Bids (IFB), Sole/Single Source procurements and other related documents;
• Reviews specifications and language furnished by Program area personnel;
• Assists with the evaluation of bid proposals received in response to RFP’s, RFQ’s, RFI’s, or IFB’s;
• Assists with bidder debriefings;
• Assists with the development, drafting and review of contracts and contract amendments;
• Provides guidance, technical assistance and training to agency staff and/or potential bidder(s) to facilitate the contract and procurement processes, ensures all control requirements are met;
• Assists Program personnel in managing active contracts including contract interpretation, problem resolution, amendments, and price adjustments;
• Assists with the purchasing of a variety of supplies, materials, equipment, and services required by DFS;
• Identifies and solicits available Minority and Women-owned Business Enterprise (MWBE) vendors from the MWBE Directory;
• Identifies and solicits available Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business (SDVOB) from directory provided by OGS;
• Locates sources for goods and services including Information Technology;
• Prepares cost/benefit analyses of goods and services and meets with vendors and contractors to discuss potential purchases;
• Monitors and updates subscriptions and publications lists;
• Monitors and updates software renewals;
• Monitors purchase requisitions from Business Unit, assigns approved expenditures to programs, and maintains records of purchases;
• Resolves problems with vendors;
• Becomes proficient with the Statewide Financial System (SFS) as it relates to procurement contracts and purchasing;
• Maintains accurate and complete records for contract files; and
• Assists with the monitoring of contract execution, identifies and reports on contractor deficiencies, and administers contract closeout procedures.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo Apply: Interested qualified candidates must submit a resume and letter of interest no later than November 3, 2021, to the email address listed below. Please include (Box CMS1-09138) in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application. Email submissions are preferred.
New York State Department of Financial Services
Office of Human Resources Management
99 Washington Avenue, Suite 301
Albany, New York 12257
Fax: (518) 402-5071
Please note that not all applicants may be scheduled for an interview.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT: REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Department of Financial Services is required to provide reasonable accommodation for known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability if an accommodation would enable the applicant to perform the essential functions of the job and the accommodation would not constitute an undue hardship on the operations of the agency.