Duties Description • Complete maintenance, landscaping, mowing, snow removal, and cleaning duties.
• Assist with event set up and tear down and pedestrian traffic control.
• Establish strong working relationship with Walkway over the Hudson supervisors, other staff, and patrons.
• Clean grounds, roadways, bridge deck, and structures by sweeping debris or shoveling snow.
• Maintain grounds by mowing, plowing snow, clearing ice, and removing leaves and branches.
• Assist with the cleaning of comfort stations, rest rooms, and buildings.
• Pick up trash throughout the park as well as collecting litter to keep the park presentable.
• Provide patrons with information on the park facilities and use.
• Additional duties as assigned.
Additional Comments OPERATIONAL NEEDS:
• Must be able to work weekends and evenings and holidays on a fluctuating schedule.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license as a term and condition of employment.
• Must be able to lift moderate weight.
• Must have excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Must have the ability to multitask and take initiative as a motivated self-starter .
• Must have the ability to learn and be able to work independently as well as in a group setting.
• Remain calm under pressure and adapt to unique situations and apply critical thinking.
• Take directions well but also be willing to ask for clarification on assigned tasks.
ABOUT WALKWAY OVER THE HUSDON:
In October 2009, the Walkway Over the Hudson State Historic Park opened, providing access to the Hudson River's breathtaking landscape (especially in Fall) for pedestrians, hikers, joggers, bicyclists, and people with disabilities. The bridge deck stands 212 feet above the river's surface and is 1.28 miles long, making it the longest, elevated pedestrian bridge in the world.
The park was made possible through a public-private partnership involving the State of New York as well as other government, private, and non-profit organizations. The amazing result of this partnership is Walkway Over the Hudson State Historic Park, one of the Hudson Valley's top attractions. Join the team to leave your mark!
Learn more about Walkway over the Hudson at: https://parks.ny.gov/parks/178/details.aspx and https://walkway.org/
There are various benefits to which you may be entitled as a seasonal employee.
• NYS Employees' Retirement System Membership
• Health Insurance Coverage
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Tuition Assistance Programs
• Employee Recognition Program
Learn more about our benefits for seasonal employees, visit: https://parks.ny.gov/employment/benefits.aspx
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingIf you are interested in being considered for this vacancy, you can obtain an Employment Application from your local park office, your region’s administrative headquarters, via the agency’s internal intranet site, or by downloading an application from either the NYS Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation website - https://parks.ny.gov/documents/employment/FillableUpdatedParksEmployeeApplicationS1000Part1Taconic.pdf
Please forward your application, resume, and 3 supervisory work-related references to Taconic.firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject line “Walkway over the Hudson – PRA 6-7” or mail your application, resume, and references to Jeff Litwinowicz, 87 Haviland, Highland, NY 12528.
It is the responsibility of each applicant to accurately describe their experience and demonstrate that they meet the operational needs for the position.
“Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide their current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.”
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Agency