Minimum Qualifications Qualifications:
BA degree in communications, government, political science, or relevant field
1-2 years experience interacting with community and diverse groups.
Excellent writing and communicating skills.
Able to juggle various responsibilities; meet tight deadlines.
Highly organized and interested in government and public affairs.
Able to work occasional evenings and weekends on a rotating basis.
Duties Description The Community Liaison:
• Serves as a liaison to community groups and constituents in the official's district, keeps abreast of issues in the designated community and serves as the Senator’s representative at community events.
• Takes calls and field inquiries from constituents, manages the phone log, and follows up with state agencies as needed.
• Keeps current on state policy and legislation and conducts research and compiles information on community issues.
• Accompanies the elected official at meetings and events held in the community, sometimes evenings and weekends.
• Works with local organizations on behalf of the official.
• Assists in planning and implementing community events
• Administrative duties as needed.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.