Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
To be considered for appointment you will be required to pass a Civil Service language exam to demonstrate proficiency in speaking, writing, and reading Spanish at a level that will ensure your ability to perform the duties of the position.
Candidates reachable on the Civil Service Eligible list(s) will be canvassed. However, you may also apply if you are eligible for appointment by one of the following qualifications:
70.1 TRANSFER QUALIFICATIONS:
One year of permanent, contingent-permanent, or 55 b/c service in a Grade 14 or higher determined to be similar by Civil Service.
Note: For 70.1 transfers, a comprehensive list of titles approved for transfers is available through Civil Service GOT-IT at https://careermobilityoffice.cs.ny.gov/cmo/gotit/.
Duties Description STANDARD DUTIES:
The Labor Services Representative (Spanish Language)/Trainee 1/2 will:
• provide a broad range of services to job seekers and employers both on an individual basis and through telephone calls and email correspondence;
• work on 599 program application backlog;
• identify barriers to employment and develop solutions to these barriers;
• provide information on available DOL resources;
• review 599 applications for subject matter content, completion and accuracy within program segment of expertise and make appropriate determination;
• gather additional information as necessary;
• respond to questions from other units, agencies or the public concerning the operation of the unit or program area.
Additional Comments • To be considered for appointment, you will be required to pass a Civil Service language exam to demonstrate proficiency in speaking, writing, and reading the Spanish language at a level that will ensure your ability to perform the duties of the position.
• All candidates applying using Provisional Qualifications must submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• A cover letter
• A copy of your resume in Word or PDF format which clearly indicates how you meet the experience requirements above for the position.
• Proof of your educational credentials (unofficial transcripts, equivalency documentation, and/or copy of your degree)
Pending Funding Approval
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
State Office Campus, Building 12, Room 561
Notes on ApplyingCandidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Department of Labor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Department of Labor is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for persons with disabilities and workplace diversity.
To be considered for this position, interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to email@example.com. Please include the title, location and vacancy ID #93191 you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail. Failure to do so may result in the delay of processing your application. In order to qualify you for the position, when you have current or prior New York State employment, you may be contacted by the NYSDOL Personnel Bureau for your social security number to confirm your employment history.