Minimum Qualifications Reassignment - Currently in the title and an employee of DEC
Reinstatement Eligible - Previously held the title on a permanent competitive basis or held a title as indicated under the transfer eligible section on a permanent competitive basis.
Transfer Eligible - One year of permanent competitive service at Salary Grade 22 or higher and either:
Eligible for transfer under Section 70.1: Permanent competitive service as Professional Engineer 1 (any parenthetic) and one year of full-time engineering experience in electrical systems. Additional qualifications may be required.
Eligible for transfer under Section 70.4: Must meet the open competitive minimum qualifications below:
Open competitive minimum qualifications: a New York State Professional Engineer's license and current registration AND one year of full-time engineering experience in electrical systems.
Candidates who are not eligible for transfer or reinstatement must meet the open competitive qualifications above and receive, or have received, a passing score on the online Civil Service examination for the Professional Engineer 1 (Electrical) (leaves DEC's website). If you have received a passing score on this examination please indicate so when submitting your application.
Duties Description • Perform professional engineering duties for design development of a wide range of electrical construction and maintenance projects. Includes generating AutoCAD construction drawings and project specifications for public bid.
• Evaluate building electrical systems for safety and Code compliance.
• Provide peer review of electrical designs for Code compliance, resiliency, and cost effectiveness.
• Manage electrical projects through construction, including in-house as well as consultant-based projects.
• Design and manage electrical upgrade and renewable energy projects in support of the State’s electrification initiative.
• Respond to technical service requests from agency staff. Requests may include basic design services for Region based projects, technical advice, field investigation of electrical issues and other services requiring electrical engineering expertise.
• Conduct energy audits of agency buildings and make recommendations for energy projects
• Perform coordination and inspection of contract work.
• Supervise, assign and review work of subordinate staff.
• Coordinate the work of other technical disciplines.
• Review and direct the work of consultants.
• Some travel required.
• May be required to work in remote areas and negotiate difficult terrain while preforming field work.
Additional Comments Must have a valid driver's license or demonstrate the ability to meet the transportation needs of the position. Must be able to negotiate difficult terrain, work in remote areas and in adverse weather conditions. Travel, overtime, and overnight travel may be required. Weekends and holidays may be required.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.