1001 W. Fayette St Suite 5B
Minimum Qualifications Current or previous one-year permanent service as a Social Worker Assistant 2 (who meets QIDP standards)
70.1 Transfer Quals:
One year of permanent service in a direct care/paraprofessional/or professional title - Grade 12 or higher (who meets QIDP standards).
Either: 1. A bachelor’s degree or higher in social work; or
2. A bachelor’s degree or higher in a human service area and One year of post-bachelor’s experience in social work
If appointed on provisional status, you must participate in the next Civil Service examination(s) and be a reachable candidate in order to obtain permanent status and maintain your position.
Duties Description Position Description:
Selected candidate will serve as the Family Care Liaison. Travel will be necessary.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Enhance and maintain social functioning of Family Care Providers as well as the individuals in the home
• Develop service plans specific to individuals needs and valued outcomes
• Participate in monthly family care home visits and LP meetings as scheduled
• Oversee all aspects of each family care home and it’s requirements as stated in the family care manual
• Act in crisis situations as a team member to facilitate individual’s health and safety
• Must possess good interpersonal skills, good oral skills, and written communication skills as well as good listening skills
• Ensures all fiscal and other provider needs and concerns are addressed and are met consistent with the needs of the individuals in the home
• Acts as a direct link and contact for the Family Care Provider to the community and MSC agency
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
101 W. Liberty Street
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a cover letter and resume by 11/5/2021 and include EOA # 21-166 on all correspondence to: Central NY DDSO, Human Resources, 101 W. Liberty Street, Rome, NY 13440 or email: email@example.com.
Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office, phone: (518) 473-9689, and Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER