Minimum Qualifications Minimum qualifications are:
• A minimum of a four-year college degree with a major in Accounting.
• At least 10 years’ experience in conducting financial investigations.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
The preferred Candidate would have:
• A Certified Public Accountant designation
• Working knowledge and understanding of the New York State and Federal laws and regulations under
which OPWDD programs are governed.
• Report writing experience.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with criminal fraud investigations within the NYS Mental Hygiene system.
Duties Description The Office of Audit Services (OAS) is responsible for financial oversight of state and voluntary not-for-profit provider operations, including internal controls, internal auditing and external auditing. The financial investigations component of OAS provides investigative support and back-up to the entire office, especially during high-profile or sensitive investigations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The incumbent of this position will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following activities:
• Developing and performing investigative procedures based upon varying fraud and financial allegations.
• Performing forensic auditing procedures on accounting ledgers of multimillion-dollar agencies.
• Distilling large volumes of data into concise summaries.
• Maintaining proper evidence to support a criminal case.
• Writing investigation summary reports.
• Preparing summary briefing presentations.
• Evaluating the adequacy of CPA audits and making referrals for professional misconduct as needed.
• Coordinating investigative activities with other government agencies and law enforcement.
• Performing ad hoc projects as needed.
Additional Comments Please note:
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue