Minimum Qualifications Transfer Qualifications: Any current Habilitation Specialist 1
Any permanent employee eligible for a 70.1 transfer.
Anyone eligible to take the Civil Service examination for Habilitation
Promotional Opportunities: Anyone currently reachable on the Civil Service List.
Provisional Appointment: In the event that there is not a valid eligible list, candidates who
meet the qualifications below may be qualified for a provisional appointment.
Minimum Qualifications: A qualifying Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services and 1 year clinical/or
direct care experience or a qualifying Master’s Degree in Human Services.
QIDP standards preferred.
QIDP STANDARDS ARE:
• The Department of Developmental Services (DDS) adopted the federal definition for Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professional (QIDP) in all ICF/DD, ICF/DD-H, ICF/DD-N and DD-CNC facilities when the Federal ICF/IID regulations became effective in October 1988. The federal criteria outdates the state regulations specified in the California Code of Regulations, Title 22.
• QIDP is a staff who is responsible for integrating, coordinating and monitoring each client's active treatment and who possesses:
• (a) At least one year of experience working directly with persons with intellectual disabilities or other developmental disabilities.
• (b) Is either a physician and surgeon, or a osteopathy physician and surgeon, a registered nurse, or a human services professional possessing at least a bachelor's degree in a human services field, including but not limited to sociology, special education, rehabilitation counseling or psychology.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Incumbent provides active treatment programs for individuals who reside at the LIT, recommends services, activities and programs and stimulates and maintains participant interest in appropriate activities.
• In accordance with treatment plans and the individual’s interests and needs, the Habilitation Specialist formulates programs, conducts activities and reviews and evaluates program effectiveness for the residents served and recommends changes or specialized activities as required to meet their needs.
• Providing guidance to direct care staff while implementing therapeutic programs, on the job training on various techniques and goals of programs as written.
• Coordinates community inclusion activities based on individual needs and interests.
• Conducts assessments, writes program goals, monthly notes and participates in Team meetings.
• Prepares Daily/Monthly lesson plan schedule for Active Treatment
• Organizes and participates in Special Events for the individuals
• Reviews TRIPS, enters data into data base. Provides information for meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé November 5, 2021 to:
2445 State Route 30
Tupper Lake, NY 12986
Phone: (518) 359-4150
Fax: (518) 359-4161
Please reference the above EOA # 21-118 in all correspondence.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-4785 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.