"Other" Explanation (Varied work schedule including day, evening and night hours.<br />Schedule will include weekday and weekend hours as needed for the successful management of the team, as well as possible off-hour emergency interventions and visits to Family Care Homes).<br />
Minimum Qualifications Permanent Qualifications: Candidates must currently be a permanent Treatment Team Leader-DD OR be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list
Transfer Qualifications: Candidate must be eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 or 52.6 of the Civil Service Law. Some of the eligible titles include: Chief Occupational Therapist, Chief of Forensics Unit 1, Chief Physical Therapist, Chief Recreation Therapist, Licensed Psychologist, Mental Hygiene Nursing Program Coordinator, Principal Psychologist, Social Worker Supervisor 1, Speech, Language Pathology Audiology Program Coordinator 2, and Supervisor Rehab Services
Provisional Qualifications: you must be a qualified employee of the New York State Office for People with Developmental Disabilities and have had the required permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c** service in one of the titles (including parenthetics) listed below:
Group 1: ** (one year)
Chief Occupational Therapist, Chief Physical Therapist, Chief Recreation Therapist, Coordinator Intensive Case Management Services, Developmental Disabilities Program Specialist 1, Developmental Disabilities Program Specialist 2, Developmental Specialist 4, Head Occupational Therapist, Head Physical Therapist, Head Recreation Therapist, Licensed Psychologist, Mental Hygiene Nursing Program Coordinator, Nurse Administrator 1, Nurse Administrator 2, Social Work Supervisor 1, Speech Language Pathology Audiology Program Coordinator 1, Speech Language Pathology Audiology Program Coordinator 2, Supervisor of Rehabilitation Services.
Group 2: ** (two years)
Associate Psychologist, Audiologist 1, Audiologist 2, Community Mental Health Nurse, Developmental Specialist 3, Habilitation Specialist 2, Infection Control Nurse, Intermediate Care Facility Program Manager 1, Intermediate Care Facility Program Manager 2, Licensed Master Social Worker 2, Mental Hygiene Staff Developmental Specialist 3 (Nursing), Nurse 2 (and all parenthetics), Nurse 3 (and all parenthetics), Nurse Practitioner (and all parenthetics), Physician Assistant, Psychologist 2, Rehabilitation Counselor 1, Rehabilitation Counselor 2, Residential Program Manager 1, Senior Occupational Therapist, Senior Physical Therapist, Senior Recreational Therapist, Senior Speech and Hearing Therapist, Speech Language Pathologist, Speech Language Pathologist 2, Teacher 4, Utilization Review Coordinator.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Treatment Team Leader – Developmental Disabilities (DD) will provide administrative oversight to Family Care Homes, Family Care Respites and Apartment Programs within Hudson Valley DDSOO’s four county (Westchester, Rockland, Orange and Sullivan) catchment area. The Treatment Team Leader –will report directly to the Deputy Director over Family Care in Hudson Valley DDSOO.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to:
• Ensures the health and safety of all individuals residing in Family Care homes.
• Ensures that staff in the family care program are following all policy, procedure and regulatory guidelines for Residential Habilitation.
• Ensures timely recertification of all existing Family Care homes and provides recertification packets to QI Department
• Ensures that quarterly/monthly nursing visits occur at each Family Care home through the nursing administrator.
• Ensures that the Family Care Advisory Council meets on at least a quarterly basis, and that minutes are recorded and distributed in a timely manner to all attendees and appropriate management and Central Office staff.
• Ensures routine administrative meetings are held with family care coordinator(s) from the agency sponsored agency to share best practices.
• Ensure Family Care unit meetings are held at least quarterly.
• Ensures that all citations and deficiencies are responded to in a timely manner; as well as all regulatory issues are communicated to leadership and the Quality Improvement Director in a timely manner
• Complete validation audits, as well as regulatory reviews to maintain agency sponsored agreement as per policy
• Serves as liaison with the Office of Counsel for temporary suspension of operating certificates, home closures, application denials and hearings
• Provides training, as needed, to Family Care staff to ensure that staff are knowledgeable of current regulations and policies, and that all staff are consistently following policies
• Follow all guidelines as per Family Care Coordinator responsibility and oversight in the Family Care Manual
• Completes investigations, as assigned.
• Participate in the AOD rotation.
• Other duties as assigned
Participation of Administrator on Call (AOC) system is required. Off hour visits to all sites are required.
NOTE: Travel within the four-county catchment area will be required in the performance of the duties of the position. This may include a state-owned vehicle, as available, or the employee’s own car. An employee who uses his/her own car will be reimbursed at current negotiated rates.
Additional Comments Please reference the above EOA# 21-147 in all correspondence.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• Work schedule may vary based on operational need.
• If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-4785 or Email at: email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
• Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.