28 Liberty Street
Minimum Qualifications Qualifications for the position of Schedule are as follows:
• A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three (3) years of full-time, post-graduation work experience;
• Prior, relevant work experience for a candidate or an elected official is preferred;
• Familiarity with the governmental institutions in New York City and New York State;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Detail oriented with the ability to proactively manage and coordinate multiple moving parts;
• Productive and effective in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment, must be able to produce quality work quickly; and
• High degree of comfort and professionalism when interacting with staff at various levels of seniority, including constituents, community leaders, elected officials and their staff, and other outside individuals.
Duties Description The New York State Office of the Attorney General (OAG) is seeking an energetic, organized and detail oriented individual to serve as the Scheduler for the Attorney General. The Scheduler maintains the Attorney General’s schedule and coordinates all aspects of confirmed meetings and events. The Scheduler works within the Executive Division’s Operations Department, which is responsible for scheduling, staffing, advancing, briefing and conflict checking for the Attorney General.
Specific duties of the Scheduler include, but are not limited to the following:
• Mapping out daily, weekly and monthly schedules for the Attorney General, including travel;
• Communicating with organizers about events and meetings the Attorney General will be attending;
• Ensuring appropriate staffing for each meeting and event;
• Communicating with the OAG’s press, intergovernmental and legal staff about the AG’s schedule;
• Ensuring that individuals the Attorney General may interact with at events or meetings have been vetted;
• Other duties, as assigned.
Additional Comments The annual salary for this position is $64,505 -$67,111 + $3026 in location pay. The final salary will be determined after a complete evaluation of the selected candidate’s qualifications. We offer a comprehensive New York State benefits package, including paid leave, health, dental, vision and retirement benefits, and family-friendly policies. As an employee of the OAG, you will join a team of dedicated individuals who work to serve the people of our State.
Per Office of the Attorney General policy, confirmation of full vaccination status is a condition of employment for this position. If you are not fully vaccinated, you will be required to provide negative COVID-19 test results at a frequency determined by the agency. The agency will consider religious and reasonable accommodations. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Legal Recruitment Bureau - 28 Liberty Street
Notes on ApplyingApplications are submitted online. To apply, please go to the OAG website, www.ag.ny.gov, then click on the “Resources” tab and select “Employment Opportunities,” Reference No. EXEC_NYC_SCH_6194.
Applicants must be prepared to submit a complete application consisting of the following:
• Cover Letter
? You may address to Legal Recruitment.
? Indicate why you are interested in this position and what makes you the best candidate.
• Writing Sample
? Your sample should highlight your writing and analytical abilities.
• List of three (3) references
? Only submit professional references, supervisory references are preferred.
? Indicate the nature and duration of your relationship to each reference.
? Include contact information and email addresses for each reference.
? Please note, your references will not be contacted until after you interview for the position.
If you have questions regarding a position with the OAG and the application process or you need assistance with submitting your application, please contact Legal Recruitment via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 212-416-8080.
For more information about the OAG, please visit our website: ag.ny.gov