Minimum Qualifications CURRENT STATE EMPLOYEES:
Current Office of General Services employee with permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as an Office Assistant 1 (Stores/Mail) and interested in reassignment; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent, or 55b/c service as an Office Assistant 1 (Stores/Mail); OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position allocated to Grade 6 or above and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
NOTE: This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities. Employees on the Civil Service eligible list will be considered and should not respond to this posting. If you are on the eligible list and not reachable, you may be eligible for transfer. You are encouraged to access GOT-IT on the Civil Service website (www.cs.ny.gov) to determine transfer eligibility or contact OGS Human Resources for your transfer options.
GENERAL PUBLIC CANDIDATES:
Applicants who are 55 b/c eligible may apply to this posting. If interested in this position and applying using your 55b/c status, please provide a copy of your current 55b/c eligibility letter. If this is not provided with your resume, you will not be considered for this position.
Duties Description Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Receive, store, distribute and/or ship USDA foods, commodities, and other items upon request.
• Locate and pick products by code, name, pack date and/or best buy date.
• Transport items to an assembly or staging area.
• Palletize orders into compact shipments for customer pickup.
• Load and unload trailers as directed.
• Verify item counts against Bills of Lading and/or order forms.
• Maintain accurate warehouse inventory records.
• Assist in conducting inventories of USDA foods.
• Operate a variety of material handling equipment.
• Maintain records and perform routine preventative maintenance.
• Assist in keeping all facility areas clean and safe.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Possession and maintenance of a valid Driver’s License issued by the NYS Department of Motor Vehicle is required. Operation of a motor vehicle may be required.
• Ability to bend, lift, climb, stand, and walk for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift a minimum 45 pounds.
• Flexibility to work in environments of fluctuating temperatures including limited periods outside, year-round.
• Ability to operate a variety of materials handling equipment such as forklifts and pallet jacks. Successful completion of OSHA forklift training and certification is required.
• Obtain and maintain certification in CPR and comply with established safety procedures.
• May be required to respond to emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.