44 Holland Avenue
Minimum Qualifications To be considered for appointment, candidates must be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law OR be reachable on the appropriate Civil Service eligible list.
In order to be eligible for transfer, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55-b/c service as a Resources and Reimbursement Agent Trainee 1, Resources and Reimbursement Agent Trainee 2, or Resources and Reimbursement Agent 1 and be eligible for lateral transfer; OR be eligible to transfer under Section 52.6 or Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Individuals certified eligible for the 55b/c program under the Governor’s Program to Hire Persons/Veterans with Disabilities pursuant to Section 55b/c of the Civil Service Law AND possess a Bachelor’s degree will also be considered. Please provide a copy of your eligibility letter with your response.
Candidates with a score of 100 or higher on the current 2019 PCO eligible list who are interested in this vacancy are encouraged to apply. Please provide a copy of your test score with your response.
Duties Description The Office of Mental Health (OMH) is seeking qualified candidates to fill a Resources & Reimbursement Agent 1/Resources & Reimbursement Agent Trainee positions in the Office of Financial Management, State Operations Finance Group, Bureau of Patient Resources in our Capital District Patient Resource Office. The Patient Resource Office (PRO) is responsible for documenting financial resources of mental health clients and/or their family members in order to determine reimbursement sources to pay for services and to determine eligibility for benefits.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Investigate, develop and protect clients’ financial resources.
• Investigate disability, medical and hospital benefits, and insurance coverage and determine ability to pay.
• Acquire knowledge about all reimbursement and program sources available to recipients of OMH services such as Medicare, Medicaid, health insurance, Social Security, Veteran’s Administration, Food Stamps and other government programs as well as private ability to pay.
• Acquire knowledge about and be able to access and use OMH, Medicaid and other benefit and insurance related computer applications.
• Review and discuss with patients/clients, their families, attorneys, and other interested parties concerning clients’ finances.
• Set charges and ensure that reserves and adequate spending allowances are maintained.
• Work with OMH facilities and community residences regarding financial aspects of client support systems; and interact with other agencies such as Social Security, local Department of Social Services and billing intermediaries.
Additional Comments This position may be designated 55 b/c and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility.
The Mission of the New York State Office of Mental Health is to promote the mental health of all New Yorkers, with a particular focus on providing hope and supporting recovery for adults with serious mental illness and children with serious emotional disturbances. Applicants with lived mental health experience are encouraged to apply. The New York State Office of Mental Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Effective December 10, 2021, OMH hospital employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Commencing on October 12, 2021, all OMH Central Office employees who are not subject to a mandatory vaccination requirement shall be tested for COVID-19 weekly unless they are fully vaccinated. Fully vaccinated means that two (2) or more weeks have elapsed since receiving either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series (e.g., Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna) or the first and only dose of a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson [J&J]/Janssen).
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position and Vacancy ID #93405 in the subject line of your email when applying.
You are advised that, should you accept a job offer with the Office of Mental Health, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay a fingerprint fee.