Minimum Qualifications Applicants must be physically able to perform the tasks of the position and be able to understand and carry out written or oral instructions. When required to operate motor vehicles, incumbents must possess a valid New York State driver's license appropriate for the type of vehicle being operated.
Duties Description • Clean buildings, facilities, (including) restrooms and restock supplies.
• Perform routine maintenance and repair of buildings, facilities, and surrounding grounds using the appropriate tools and equipment.
• Perform other maintenance tasks such as collecting and disposing of trash, mowing lawns, and snow removal by shovel or powered snow removal equipment.
• Move furniture and equipment in the performance of custodial functions.
• Replace light bulbs; wash and dust fixtures, furnishings, floors, corridors, stairs, stairwells, and partitions using appropriate supplies and equipment; including ladders and scaffolding.
• Pick up and remove hazardous articles from floors and equipment and place them in designated receptacles or appropriate locations.
Additional Comments Operational Needs:
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Ability to work at heights using ladders, scaffolding, platforms and boom lifts.
• Ability to operate small equipment including lawnmowers, snow blowers, weed eaters, floor buffers, vacuums, etc.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.