Minimum Qualifications Permanent transfer candidates: Current Department of Health (DOH) employee with permanent or contingent-permanent status as a Medicaid Redesign Analyst 1 (G18). Public Candidates: Active list candidate on the New York State Department of Civil Service's Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) eligible list with a score of 100 OR qualified 55B/C candidate in possession of a Bachelor's or higher degree.
Preferred Qualifications: Critical thinking skills, analytical skills, ability to solve problems independently. Professional work experience should include policy, projections and trend analysis. The candidate must also have the ability to interact and collaborate with other staff with the Department of Health as well as Other State Agencies.
Duties Description This incumbent will function as a financial analyst within the Bureau of Global Cap, Rebates, and Supplemental Programs within OHIP’s Division of Finance and Rate Setting (DFRS) in the tracking, analyzing, and forecasting of the Medicaid Global Cap.
The Medicaid Global Cap is comprised of payments to plans and providers to cover medical services for 7 million Medicaid recipients and is projected to total a net $22.3 billion in FY 2022 ($55.7 billion prior to offsets).
The incumbent will perform analysis to identify trends and potential efficiencies within Medicaid. The incumbent will also interact and collaborate with rate setting, fiscal management, and program staff within the Department as well as other state agencies that interact with the Medicaid program. Further, the incumbent will often be tasked with developing deliverables and occasionally presenting materials with executive staff in the Bureau. Further duties include:
• Establish annual Medicaid program spending targets;
• Track, analyze, and project program spending, offsets, and enrollment on a monthly basis;
• Process and review provider’s early release payment requests;
• Project revenue and spending of the Essential Plan;
• Organize Medicaid data, analyses, and policies (State, Federal, Local) for executive staff review and recordkeeping;
• Prepare State Plan Amendments (SPAs) and State Regulations;
• Work collaboratively with the Division of the Budget (DOB) and consultants on the Medicaid Forecast;
• Review, track, and process provider rate packages; and
• Prepare quarterly Legislative mandated Medicaid Global Cap and Medicaid Drug Cap reports.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingSubmit resume and cover letter, preferably in PDF format, to Human Resources Management Group, JGL/MRA1/99371, 99372, 99373 & 99393, Room 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, New York 12237- 0012, or fax to (518)473-3395, or by email to Resume@health.ny.gov, with Reference Code JGL/MRA1/99371, 99372, 99373 & 99393 included in the subject line. Failure to include the required information in the subject line of your email or fax may result in your resume not being considered for this position. Resumes will be accepted until January 18, 2022.