Minimum Qualifications Permanent transfer candidates: Current Department of Health (DOH) employee with permanent or contingent-permanent status as a Medicaid Redesign Analyst 1 (G18). Public Candidates: Active list candidate on the New York State Department of Civil Service's Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) eligible list with a score of 100 OR qualified 55B/C candidate in possession of a Bachelor's or higher degree.
Preferred Qualifications: Critical thinking skills, analytical skills, ability to solve problems independently. Professional work experience should include policy, projections and trend analysis. The candidate must also have the ability to interact and collaborate with other staff with the Department of Health as well as Other State Agencies.
Duties Description This incumbent will function as a financial analysts within the Bureau of Global Cap, Rebates, and Supplemental Programs within OHIP’s Division of Finance and Rate Setting in the tracking, analyzing, and forecasting of the Disproportionate Share Hospital (DSH) Program.
The Federally mandated DSH program provides annual funding ($3.8 billion) to over 150 hospitals and is intended to offset hospitals' uncompensated care costs to improve access for Medicaid and uninsured patients, as well as improve the financial stability of safety-net hospitals.
The incumbent will:
• Perform analysis and assist in strategic planning to identify trends and impacts to providers within Medicaid and DSH.
• Interact and collaborate with rate setting, fiscal management, and program staff within the Department as well as the Federal Government, other state agencies, and consultants that interact with the Medicaid program.
• Develop deliverables and occasionally present materials with executive staff in the Bureau.
Additional duties include:
• Establish annual DSH awards for providers;
• Track, analyze, and project program spending on a monthly basis;
• Coordinate annual DSH audits, and review resulting audit reports;
• Calculate, review, and package the periodic DSH awards based on the latest policy decisions;
• Prepare State Plan Amendments (SPAs) and State Regulations; and
• Develop, track, and process provider rate packages.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingSubmit resume and cover letter, preferably in PDF format, to Human Resources Management Group, JGL/MRA1/99394, Room 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, New York 12237- 0012, or fax to (518)473-3395, or by email to Resume@health.ny.gov, with Reference Code JGL/MRA1/99394 included in the subject line. Failure to include the required information in the subject line of your email or fax may result in your resume not being considered for this position. Resumes will be accepted until January 18, 2022.