Public Candidates: Active list candidate on the New York State Department of Civil Service’s Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) eligible list #26-570 with a score of 100 OR qualified 55B/C candidate in possession of a Bachelor’s or higher degree.
Note on special additional requirements: Candidates will also be required to possess a bachelor’s degree including or supplemented by 24 credit hours in accounting, auditing and/or taxation courses in order to qualify. If selected for interview, candidates in those titles with special additional requirements will be required to submit proof of possession of the required degree and course credits at the time of interview. (Courses such as business law, economics, statistics and most finance courses are NOT considered qualifying.)
Preferred Qualifications: Experience with examining, reviewing, or auditing transactions for appropriate supporting documentation and compliance with established guidance. Experience with navigating and transaction in the Statewide Financial System (SFS). Solid knowledge of the Guide for Financial Operations and NYS procurement rules. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and intermediate to advanced skills in MS Suite, particularly Excel and Access.
Duties Description This position will be used to help manage the credit card function in the Bureau of Accounts Management. The incumbent will be mainly responsible for:
- Collecting monthly packages of supporting documentation for the credit card charges;
- Capturing various credit card data into a database;
- Assisting with maintaining current MS Access database to fix issues and continuing with its development to accommodate arising needs;
- Reviewing submitted packages to verify compliance with established rules;
- Following up with cardholders for timely documentation submission and card charge reconciliation in SFS using an established escalation process;
- Implementing established disciplinary measures for unjustified delinquency;
- Conducting general reviews as well as targeted audits of transaction types identified as particularly at risk;
- Designing and generating reports to support all the above and satisfy management requests.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingSubmit resume and cover letter, preferably in PDF format, to Human Resources Management Group, JGL/SA-PCO/30140, Room 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, New York 12237- 0012, or fax to (518)473-3395, or by email to Resume@health.ny.gov, with Reference Code JGL/SA-PCO/30140, included in the subject line. Failure to include the required information in the subject line of your email or fax may result in your resume not being considered for this position. Resumes will be accepted until January 19, 2022.