Public Candidates: Active list candidate on the New York State Department of Civil Service’s Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) eligible list #26-570 with a score of 100 OR qualified 55B/C candidate in possession of a Bachelor’s or higher degree.
Note on special additional requirements: Candidates will also be required to possess a bachelor’s degree including or supplemented by 24 credit hours in accounting, auditing and/or taxation courses in order to qualify. If selected for interview, candidates in those titles with special additional requirements will be required to submit proof of possession of the required degree and course credits at the time of interview. (Courses such as business law, economics, statistics and most finance courses are NOT considered qualifying.)
Preferred Qualifications: Experience with bank account reconciliation in general and reconciliation to SFS records in particular. Experience with navigating and running reports in the Statewide Financial System (SFS). Knowledge of the NYS Escheatment process from a state agency perspective. Intermediate to advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Suite, especially Excel and Access. Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
Duties Description Duties will include:
- Collect monthly bank account balance from all DOH internal banking customers and forward to Treasury as required by the Guide for Financial Operations;
- Collect and review monthly bank account reconciliations from program areas;
- Assist the Associate Accountant in helping internal banking customers establish appropriate reconciliation procedures when necessary;
- Monitor the banking mailbox, reply to requests for assistance as appropriate and instructed, and refer complex cases to supervisor for appropriate handling or further instructions;
- Running reports from banking platforms to be used in processing incoming fund by the Revenue unit or by program staff for their programmatic needs;
- Assist program areas complete their yearly sole custody reporting in a timely fashion;
- Be the liaison with the Office of the State Comptroller, 3rd party vendors, and bank partners for routine exchanges;
- Assist the Associate Accountant in negotiating new agreements with 3rd party vendors or any other tasks as assigned.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingSubmit resume and cover letter, preferably in PDF format, to Human Resources Management Group, JGL/SA-PCO/94105, Room 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, New York 12237- 0012, or fax to (518)473-3395, or by email to Resume@health.ny.gov, with Reference Code JGL/SA-PCO/94105, included in the subject line. Failure to include the required information in the subject line of your email or fax may result in your resume not being considered for this position. Resumes will be accepted until January 18, 2022.