Minimum Qualifications A Bachelor's Degree in accounting and nine years of post-graduate experience in health care facility fiscal management. This experience must have included a combination of experience in both a 100 + bed hospital setting and a 100 + bed skilled nursing facility, in which three years of the experience must have been as the Chief Fiscal Officer.
Preferred Qualifications: - Proactive approach to fiscal management including an ability to forecast revenue and expenses and identify shortfalls before they occur, within a healthcare facility
- Knowledge of Medicaid, Medicare and private billing within Healthcare facilities, especially long term care facilities
- Effectively manage large teams in the area of finance
- Experience managing through financially challenging times as well as improving finances during optimal times
- Experience and knowledge of the State and Department of Health’s finance and procurement processes
- Experience and knowledge working with key stakeholders such as NYS Division of the Budget, Civil Service, Office of the NYS Comptroller
- Experience and success in identifying and implementing cost saving measures for Healthcare Facilities
Duties Description As Director, Health Institution Financial Administration you would be responsible for centralized oversight of all fiscal operations including revenue and expenditure budgets for four state operated veterans nursing homes and Helen Hayes Hospital. You would work collaboratively with facility fiscal staff developing and implementing sound fiscal policies, monitoring the fiscal status of facilities, overseeing revenue forecasting, and developing plans to correct revenue shortfalls and over-expenditures. You would directly supervise the central billing office for the four nursing homes and may serve as the Chief Financial Officer for a facility during the transition of fiscal officers.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingSubmit cover letter and resume, preferably in PDF format, by email to email@example.com; or fax to (518)473-3395 with Reference Code DL/DHIFD/03341 included in the subject line. Or mail to NYS DOH, Human Resources Management Group, DL/DHIFD/03341, Room 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, New York 12237- 0012. Failure to include the required information in the subject line of your email or fax may result in a delay in processing your application. Until January 20, 2022