AgencyGeneral Services, Office of
TitleProject Coordinator/HRMS OCM
Occupational CategoryOther Professional Careers
Bargaining UnitPS&T - Professional, Scientific, and Technical (PEF)
Salary RangeFrom $106251 to $130129 Annually
Jurisdictional Class Competitive Class
Compressed workweek allowed? No
Minimum Qualifications • Bachelor’s degree and six or more years of professional experience in cross-functional areas or leading cross-functional organizational projects, including at least two years of supervisory experience or one year of managerial experience.
• Track record of successful organizational change experience, with goals to achieve and identify strategic business objectives and benefits.
• Demonstrated experience working with diverse teams; demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain relationships at all levels within the enterprise.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills — essential for interacting with key stakeholders across the project to manage, inform, and influence successful project outcomes.
• Organizational development training, change management training, and/or certification are highly desirable.
• Experience with and deep knowledge of change management methodologies, approaches, and tools.
NOTE: An additional four years of experience may substitute for the bachelor’s degree.
Duties Description The Director Organizational Change Management (OCM) for the Human Resources Management System (HRMS) project will report directly to the Project Director and work with the project team, consortium agencies, and key stakeholders to ensure successful implementation of project and goals.
Leadership and Project Management
• Provide leadership for the overall HRMS OCM effort that includes, but is not limited to, over 60 NYS agencies and offices.
• Manage the HRMS Systems Integration (SI) vendor and subcontractor OCM efforts.
• Provide leadership for the overall project communication strategy that ensures coordination with other HRMS project components such as training and knowledge transfer.
• Work closely with the project director and project team to develop, guide, and support the overall HRMS strategic planning effort and ensure alignment with other HRMS project components.
• Work with the project director on the overall SI vendor contract management activities.
• Support project management activities by developing and updating project schedule, identifying, reporting, and managing project issues and risks, and managing project scope.
• Prepare reports, presentations, and other materials to communicate HRMS project updates and activities to key stakeholders.
• Provide day-to-day supervision of HRMS project staff assigned to OCM-related efforts.
OCM Planning, Management, and Implementation
• Work closely with the HRMS Project Director and project team, Office of Information Technology Services (ITS), and SI staff to develop an organizational change management plan for the project.
• Analyze all relevant project artifacts and documentation to contextualize how the new resulting system and processes will affect organizational change for consortium agencies.
• Build upon the existing project stakeholder analysis to document all internal and external stakeholders who will be impacted by the HRMS project results.
• Identify all anticipated stakeholder impacts due to the changes, corresponding adaptation requirements, and when the impact will occur, as well as develop a plan to prepare the organization/stakeholders for the implementation of the new system processes.
• Develop and conduct change impact assessments for each stakeholder group, considering individual staff skill levels, knowledge, effort, behavior, organization, and responsibility.
• Review business requirements document (BRD) workflow processes within agency business units and present detailed future-state workflow recommendations that will support the successful implementation of the future state.
• Work with HRMS project team, ITS, and SI to execute the organizational change management plan and confirm agency and stakeholder readiness for the implementation of the new system and processes as they go live.
• Document, track, and report progress on stakeholder group changes and adoption readiness.
• Build Organizational Buy-In and Support for the Change Initiative.
Develop an Effective Implementation Support Plan
• Develop an organizational readiness plan that is aligned with the HRMS go-live deployment plan. The plan shall identify organizational implementation support strategies and escalation procedures.
• Develop and administer a business readiness assessment.
• Based on the results of the assessment, develop, and manage a business readiness approach for each unit.
• Create a dashboard to track go-live readiness from an OC perspective.
• Identify implementation support strategies and escalation procedures.
• Document the expected support requirements for each stakeholder group and align with project support capabilities and resource skills.
• Assess how to involve stakeholders during the implementation support period using tools such as a help desk or daily status calls and assist organizational leaders with implementation.
Provide a Post-Go-Live Support Plan to Confirm Adoption of the Implemented Solution
• Determine the audience and processes for performing adoption assessment.
• Define the criteria against which adoption will be measured.
• Gain leadership support to achieve the future-state organizational changes as part of the long-term vision.
• Develop long-term communication and messaging strategies as well as cultural activities to support the future vision.
• Conduct knowledge transfer activities with organizational leaders as assigned.
Additional Comments NOTE ON TELECOMMUTING: OGS Employees are required to apply and obtain approval through management to telecommute according to OGS Telecommuting Pilot Program Guidelines.
NOTE ON COVID-19 VACCINATION/WEEKLY TESTING: All State employees in Executive controlled agencies who are not subject to a mandatory vaccination requirement shall be tested for COVID-19 weekly unless they are fully vaccinated.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Email Address HRresumes@ogs.ny.gov
Street NYS Office of General Services, HRM
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.