Minimum Qualifications • Bachelor's degree and five years of professional experience in a related field, including one year of supervisory experience.
• Strong customer-focused background; demonstrated experience and high degree of comfort as an organization spokesperson.
• Demonstrated proactive and successful experience in reputation management.
• Interpersonal skills that enable you to work with people at all levels of an organization, motivate others and change people's attitudes when necessary.
• Written and spoken communication skills that allow you to inform and advise others clearly.
• Strong teamworking skills and a collaborative approach to learning, both face-to-face and remotely.
• Master’s degree preferred, as well as management and training experience with a government agency.
NOTE: An additional four years of experience may substitute for the bachelor’s degree.
Duties Description Communication Planning and Management
• In collaboration with the System Integrator (SI), develop and deliver a communication plan to provide timely and strategic information to all project stakeholders.
• Ensure that the communication plan aligns with and supports the HRMS organizational change management plan.
• Develop and provide regular HRMS activity updates to key stakeholders (i.e., Governance Board, Steering Committee, Advisory Committee, executive agencies).
• Develop various communication materials (e.g., reports, correspondence, presentation, speaking points) for HRMS project leadership, governance board, and steering committee.
• Use a range of communication tools (e.g., town halls, newsletters, focus groups, frequently asked questions) to build support and instill enthusiasm for the future HRMS and processes.
• Assist with change management activities.
• Lead a proactive team consisting of, project, SI, Subject Matter Experts (SME’s), and agency personnel to ensure that the goals and initiatives promulgated in HRMS project plan and in each deployment are effectively communicated internally and externally to various stakeholder groups.
• Establish relevant metrics and measures to ensure efficacy of the program.
Training and Development
• Provide leadership and vision to guide the design and development of training materials and courses to guide the professional development activities for state and other stakeholders to establish a learning environment that facilitates projects’ success.
• Conduct organizational change training and orientation for all affected business units, including leadership and staff.
• Identify training and development needs within stakeholder groups through job analysis, appraisal schemes and regular consultation with business managers and human resources departments
• Design and expand training and development program based on the needs of the stakeholder group and individuals.
• Plan and assess the 'return on investment' of any training or development
• Recommend additional training specific to stakeholder needs based on knowledge of organizational changes.
• Monitor and review the progress of trainees through questionnaires and discussions with managers and other personnel.
• Create and/or deliver a range of training using classroom, online and blended learning; communicate specific individual training needs to the training lead.
• Support Go-Live business readiness collaboration.
Additional Comments NOTE ON TELECOMMUTING: OGS Employees are required to apply and obtain approval through management to telecommute according to OGS Telecommuting Pilot Program Guidelines.
NOTE ON COVID-19 VACCINATION/WEEKLY TESTING: All State employees in Executive controlled agencies who are not subject to a mandatory vaccination requirement shall be tested for COVID-19 weekly unless they are fully vaccinated.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.