Minimum Qualifications • Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience, plus four years of experience coordinating and leading large UAT programs.
• Ability to interact and coordinate with business experts to understand the business flows and business rules.
• Ability to multi-task and execute test cases in close collaboration with the UAT teams.
• Experience working with different business teams, with the proven ability to manage stakeholders. Stakeholders include program leads, project managers, agency SME’s, others.
• Excellent teamwork skills and ability to influence others (horizontally and vertically) to instill accountability to achieve results.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all organizational levels.
NOTE: An additional four years of experience may substitute for the bachelor’s degree.
Duties Description Under the direction of the Human Resources Management System (HRMS) Deputy Director, the Requirements and User Acceptance Testing Coordinator will work collaboratively with the Systems Integrator to develop and maintain the project’s Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM); and formulate the strategy and plan for the User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
• Develop/maintain HRMS RTM documentation and procedures.
• Provide informal education and guidance to functional teams and consultants to improve understanding of HRMS requirement standards.
• Take product designs and concepts and translate them to technical execution plans and strategies. Translate and breakdown product features and requests into well-scoped development tasks.
• Assist the Project team in prioritization and triaging issues to ensure technical priorities are delivered.
• Work closely with Systems Integrator and stakeholders to ensure User Stories and Acceptance Criteria are complete, well-articulated and contain verifiable technical requirements for the development and QA teams.
• Develop and maintain technical documentation on applications, processes, and workflow.
• Identify and request training in areas that would enhance ability to perform requirement management and analysis.
User Acceptance Testing
• Formulate a strategic UAT plan in collaboration with the project team and systems integrator.
• Coordinate UAT efforts with the HRMS SI vendor and subcontractor
• Develop UAT plan and timelines, define UAT Project Milestones in collaboration with SI, Project Managers, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), other stakeholders.
• Identification of staff who will participate in UAT efforts.
• Create/maintain documentation (i.e., use cases, test scripts to aid in tracking).
• Provide quality check to verify test results are entered in a timely manner and according to Test Plan.
• Facilitate Brainstorming sessions to gather lessons learned from implementation with business and BPR, and stakeholders to inform future HRMS enhancements.
• Work with SI and NYS PeopleSoft Center of Excellence (PSCOE) to ensure security access to all UAT applications and participants is maintained
• Work with various business groups to document UAT scenarios and identify gaps in Test Plans to reduce redundancy
• Define and document training needs for UAT participants and coordinate training with the SI and HRMS Change Management and Training team; assists in providing training to business users to document test scenarios and test results.
• Report UAT test results to SI vendor and HRMS project team.
• Work with SI Vendor and HRMS project team to prioritize areas that need to be remediated and retested before acceptance.
• Support project management activities by developing and updating project schedule, identifying, reporting, and managing project issues and risks, and managing project scope.
• Prepare reports, presentations, and other materials to communicate weekly status metrics for UAT project reporting to key stakeholders.
Additional Comments NOTE ON TELECOMMUTING: OGS Employees are required to apply and obtain approval through management to telecommute according to OGS Telecommuting Pilot Program Guidelines.
NOTE ON COVID-19 VACCINATION/WEEKLY TESTING: All State employees in Executive controlled agencies who are not subject to a mandatory vaccination requirement shall be tested for COVID-19 weekly unless they are fully vaccinated.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.