Minimum Qualifications Interested candidates must be reachable on the Program Aide eligible list or eligible to transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
To be eligible for a 70.1 transfer to a Program Aide, SG-13, a candidate must have one year of permanent competitive service in a qualifying title allocated to a salary grade 11 or higher.
To determine if your title is eligible for transfer, please go to the GOT-IT website:
Duties Description Working with & communicating with Business Units and vendors to maintain vendor data in SFS and ensure the vendor file data is current and accurate.
• Under the supervision of an Office Assistant 3, performing daily activities to manage the vendor file in SFS.
• Maintaining open communication with Business Units, vendors and OSC Staff to ensure operational issues are addressed timely.
• Reviewing supporting documentation to ensure changes to vendor file information are appropriate and authorized.
• Analyzing data to ensure the vendor file is accurate and reliable.
• Updating vendor file information in SFS (i.e., address, primary contact), which includes: Adding and updated foreign vendors, liens, land claims and payroll vendors; Updating withholding for corporations; Processing Address and Contract change requests and updates.
• Securing sensitive data using various means available.
• Providing support to various customers by performing a wide variety of program activities and tasks to support their requests.
• Running queries in SFS to obtain various data sets for analysis
• Addressing email and help desk inquiries related to concerns/questions from vendors and agencies.
Assist with 1099 Federal Reporting Process.
• Ensuring compliance with IRS regulations.
• Assisting with vendor file corrections to ensure proper 1099 reporting.
• Addressing incoming customer questions that come through the FedRep mailbox
• Communicating with supervisor to ensure adherence to deadlines.
Update and Document New Procedures & Processes / Special Projects.
• Maintaining reliable vendor information, documenting system changes and updates.
• Discussing findings and recommending improvements in processes and system needs that will improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit.
• Assisting with additional team projects.
Additional Comments DESIRED COMPETENCIES:
• Communication –
o Candidate must: listen effectively; effectively answer questions; speak in a positive, professional tone; confidently speak about accomplishments/likes/dislikes/frustrations; provide outstanding customer service and demonstrate ability to problem solve effectively.
• Leadership –
o Candidate must: demonstrate ability to overcome obstacles; willingly take on challenges and effect change; demonstrate ability for problem solving; understand basic problem solving concepts; understand own role/responsibility within a team.
• Self- Development –
o Candidate must be: receptive to improvement opportunities; enthusiastic about training opportunities; interested in career growth; and able to learn quickly from mistakes
• Technology –
o Candidate must: display an aptitude for computer fundamentals; be familiar with Microsoft applications and Internet resources; and adapt well to technological change
• Work Ethic –
o Candidate must be energetic and enthusiastic, interested in this particular position, professional and intelligent. Candidate must demonstrate initiative.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 24, 2018. Please reference Item #03321- GOER –JDC when responding.
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The VACANCY # should not be included.