Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
50 Wolf Rd., POD 5-2
Minimum Qualifications To be considered for permanent appointment, candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law.
Duties Description Under the supervision of an Associate Accountant in the Accounting Bureau, the duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
• Prepare the paperwork and coordinate with IT staff to run daily utilities. This includes loading the daily appropriation files, bi-weekly payroll files and federal aid files into the Integrated Accounting System (IAS) and verifying file counts and generation numbers produced by the mainframe programs;
• Perform daily reconciliation of the Daily Appropriation Detran file to the Daily Utility Summary;
• Correct errors in IAS. All errors must be corrected before the month-end bill to ensure transactions are applied to the proper accounting period;
• Process requests for adds, updates, or restores of Project Identification Numbers (PINs) in IAS as requested by program areas;
• Prepare paperwork and coordinate with IT staff to run the weekly current bill and the monthly final bill. Includes submitting bill paperwork, approving journal entries, completing revenue receipt paperwork and entering revenue receipt transactions online;
• Provide access to users in the Web Interface Pre/Post Error Results SFS Sub-System (WIPPER) and make changes as requested to user roles/access;
• Special assignments, as needed.
Responsibilities may include serving a role within the Incident Command System to support the Department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations.
Additional Comments Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and a current resume no later than October 19, 2018, to:
NYS Department of Transportation
Attention: Denise Bumbulsky
50 Wolf Road, POD 5-2
Albany, NY 12232
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
50 Wolf Road, POD 5-2